View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
Shortimer

New member, new trailer, problems. Ugh.

Hi everybody. We just purchased a 2021 Bullet 243BSHWE and are experiencing a few issues. The trailer is 2 days old, and we have not used it yet. I am a mechanic and have good knowledge but am looking for specifics.

1. The power tongue jack and power awning are having directional control issues. Both intermittently go up when you push the down button, and down when you push the up function. Some times they work correctly, sometimes the controls on both reverse functions. Sounds like a loose 12V ground to me, has anyone had this issue and knows of a fix? I already went through the battery's and found and re crimped some very loose wire terminals and it didn't fix the issue. Main chassis ground behind the batts is tight. My next suspect is the wiring connections in the power distribution panel, and the panel behind the batts.

2. I have the trailer plugged into 15A household shore power at my home using an adapter. The water heater will not work. The switch is set to electrical, the water pump switch is on, the propane is off at the tanks. Shouldn't the water heater work on electric only? Or is 15A not enough juice?

3. The main entrance door does not have a catch on either the door or the trailer wall to secure the door in the open position. Shouldn't the door come with a magnetic or manual catch?

4. Not a problem but a question. Can I leave the trailer plugged in 24/7 at home (15A) without it cooking the batts? I know the converter must be an automatic unit, but still... I will have everything turned off, just want to keep the batts up while the trailer is not in use.

I really don't want to have the dealer do these repairs as we are going out in 4 weeks and it took me two days on the phone just to get a service guy to pick up. They are slammed and I doubt they can get me in on time.

Thank you guys and girls so much in advance for your help. This is our 1st trailer ever and we are really excited!
Shortimer is offline   Reply With Quote