View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 11:07 AM   #21
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nryder View Post
How did asking about a backup camera turn into trying to voice your opinion about tv and Rv… that’s why I have gone to read only and it’s not very often anymore because as it doesn’t matter what the topic is it’s next post is beating someone up for the choices they have made.
The topic does come up a lot, but there are new folks joining all the time who fall into the same marketing traps. I think most folks want to do it right but they are being mislead by a market that needs higher accountability for the data they produce in an effort to more easily sell products. If the RV and Truck industries were more forthcoming about the safety requirements it would likely come up less here...and other forums.

No one is trying to pick on anybody. Safety is a genuine concern...not just for the driver of an unbalanced set up and his family, but others who share the road. If you and I were nicely talking about the weather and I knew that you were about to be his by a bus wouldn't you prefer that I gave you a heads up? There are many experienced RVers here who very quickly spot a potential weight mis-match and are just trying to help. When it comes to traveling 65 MPH, or more, with the kind of weight that we all haul, ignorance is not bliss. It's dangerous and potentially deadly.

The fault is with the OEM's. Until they are more truthful with safe towing requirements then forums like this need to continue to speak out to those who will listen. Many listen, some think they know better. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote