View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
Ken / Claudia

Replace the rims if you want to spend the money on others of a different style. Will they be better, I highly doubt it just different. As long as the current rims are made for higher psi. Check the wheel if in doubt. Upgrading a load range buys you more of a safety margin in the heavier load rating if you inflate the tires to their max listed on the sidewall. Your trailer still has the same GVWR. I did the same on work boats trailers, 3 of my own boat trailers and 2 TTs. Some say it might or will make the trailer ride rougher. How would someone test that or prove it? and would it really matter.
When I changed the current RV tires from D at 65 psi to E at 80 psi. I drove the same 800 mile trip and cannot say I ever noted a thing different about how it tracked, bounced or pulled over the same freeway.
Now if your talking about running 65 psi in a TV and going to 80 psi. You will feel the difference, but thats a pickup not a RV. Apples to oranges.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote