Thread: 28sgs
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
MerlinB

28sgs

I have one and I like it a lot. I bought it new in January 2016. It is not the greatest on inside storage space in the kitchen area but we have learned to make it work.
One significant problem that I had was that the awning started to pull loose from the sidewall at both ends. I took it back to the dealer and they said I would have to drop it off and it would be three weeks before they could even look at it. They would not give me an appointment for a specific time and date to actually get it in the shop. So, I decided to take it home and tackle it myself. Turned out the screws had been over torqued and stripped out in the thin wood wall. I very carefully drilled out the holes in the aluminum strip, being careful not to go into the wood, and replaced them with the next size larger screws. In one instance I had to go two sizes larger because one size up did not get a good grip in the wood. As I recall, I believe I replaced about five screws at the aft end and three at the forward end. I also put an extra screw at the aft end and another one in between the next two original screws. That was during the first year and it is holding up well. When I retract the awning I try to gently roll up the last few inches and not let it slam up against the wall and put extra strain on that mounting strip.
One other thing I would caution you about is to ALWAYS go inside and check to insure nothing is in the way of ends of the slide-outs before you extend them. I managed to destroy the cabinet door below the kitchen counter because it popped open during travel and I didn't check before extending the kitchen slide. When I replaced the door I installed two latches instead of just one and it hasn't popped open since. But, I still check first, every time.

I also pull mine with a one ton dually because I already had the truck when I bought the trailer.

If you have any specific questions I will be glad to try to answer them.

Good luck.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote