View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #12
Ken / Claudia

I know of 2 reasons. #1 your unit was subjected to forced water being driven up into the door panels, say a pressure washer to close, upward angle, to strong etc. #2 likely most common, while the panels were being glued and pressed together, something went wrong. Bad glue, not enough glue, not enough pressure, heat, time used during the process. I did a factory walk thru in Oregon at the Artic Fox co. several years ago and watched the process. During lamination many layers are put together, glued and put thru a press with heat. They made a whole side at a time and than cut out windows, door locations etc. I do not remember if the hatch doors came from that side piece or not. I think they come from a door company. So, if they are from the side panel of your unit the delamb might be else where also due to a bad improper construction.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote