View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 07:00 PM   #30
hornet28

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I know this is a little old, but "On a 6 year old trailer in good condition they probably sold it for near what they had in it" Car dealers, RV dealers, motorcycle dealers, etc, NEVER sell for what they have in it. Who's going to pay the salesman? The overhead? You might be so naïve as to believe what the salesman told you, but I believe our resident Arizona Danny would ask "Is the salesman's lips moving?"
True. But by the time they get done adding in all the BS charges they do make money. In this area when I looked at used unit at dealers they wanted an $1000 to "clean" the unit. I told him they should be doing that to sell it just as car dealers do. They all have a way of getting more money from buyers. That's why I avoid dealers as much as possible. I've never bought an RV from a dealer and in 60 years of owing vehicles have bought less than a dozen from dealers. I also do my own maintenance and most repairs
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote