View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AryaRV View Post
JRTJH,
Yes, I do have one of those, just wasn't sure if it was only for TV or if I could use it for Internet too.
I guess satellite is satellite.
Cable input is satellite input. The only difference is the type of co-ax cable used. One type of co-ax only works for cable while the other type of cable works for cable and satellite. Keystone installs the "dual purpose co-ax cable type.

The "key" is in switch position on the antenna booster. If you have a Winegard antenna system with the booster power supply mounted behind the TV, the switch "booster ON position" disconnects the cable/satellite input and connects the roof TV antenna input. The "booster OFF position" connects the cable/satellite input and disconnects the roof TV antenna input... So, depending on the booster switch position, you either watch "antenna TV" or "cable/satellite TV" you can't watch both with the switch in either position.... The newer "In-Command system" has an automatic switch function, but older systems require "user input to flip the switch"....

Try connecting your satellite system to the connector on your exterior wall and see if it works. My guess is it won't, until you turn off the TV booster.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote