View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 02:53 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Good call...besides, who needs a sloppy wire connection sparking inside the wall?
All receptacles in your trailer and mine are this type. My Sunnybrook was a 2012 and they have a reputation for better quality and it just jiggled out of the blades. Not much can be done since the wall receptacles are the RV type and thin as a residential is too deep to install otherwise I would pull all mine in the Cougar and replace them.

I live in a manufactured home and they use the same style blade receptacles because you don't have to pull off wire insulation, you just cut the wire and shove it in place. I have replaced almost all the receptacles in my home for that reason with stick & brick style residential receptacles. We have had issues over the years with several receptacles suddenly quit working and found the one at the head of the line had a wire pop. There isn't that much chance of sparking as the positive and neutral ground are pretty much segregated in the housing but I wouldn't shove a wire back in to fix this issue anyway.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote