View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae97 View Post
Hi all, I am new to this. I have a 2012 keystone sprinter 300kbs. It has the extreme thermal package and I live in it with my daughter. I would like to keep it hooked up to running water and sewer throughout the winter but I live in Riggins Idaho and the temperatures can drop below freezing at night and at times during the day.

Does anyone have any tips and information on how to make this work? Ive heard of heated hoses and getting skirts and such, I just want to make sure its liveable without doing any damage like bursting pipes due to them freezing
I am not an expert but a heater water supply hose and a heated strip for the water bib are the first items. Then some skirting around the bottom of the trailer will go along way to preventing pipe freeze. The "extreme thermal package" really isn't much. Keep cabinet doors open where there is pipe inside and perhaps look for a propane supplier who can hook you up with a large propane tank. The camper's propane heat is needed to keep the tanks and underside warm in sub freezing temps and eats a lot of propane. Keep drain lines closed I guess till you want to dump. Buy a couple small ceramic heaters for when temps get above freezing or to augment the propane when it is on. Turn off the camper furnace when temps get a bit above freezing and use the ceramic heaters.

I am not recommending this product as I have never used it but will give you a link to get an idea of skirting:
https://ezsnapdirect.com/products/rv-skirting/

If you are parked somewhere where the neighbors or park won't complain, hay bales also work pretty well to keep wind out and although they look a tad tacky, are cheaper than commercial skirting. There are probably a bunch of ways to keep wind out from under the trailer.

Last, think about getting a generator for backup to the power at your pole; most need to be kept out of the elements so this is something to think about. I have a 4K Champion that is designed for connecting to an RV (30A plug is the same) but it would have to be contained under something to keep it dry and would need to store up some gas (I have never run it on propane but it is capable). Don't know how the power situation is where you are going to be but where I live, it can get sketchy.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote