Thread: New Camper!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #30
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
No worries. I appreciate the help. There is just so much information, much of which is very contradictory from one another. I will continue to do my research and the dealership has allowed me to take it for a "test pull" before signing on Saturday. They said that they don't normally allow it due to insurance but as long as I am ok with the sales person going, they will give the ok. They do want me to look at a lighter back up TT just in case i'm not comfortable with how the 318LHS tows. But they are confident that it will pull just fine after they properly install the hitch/weight distribution/sway bar. Thanks again for your help Sourdough and to everyone else that took the time share you knowledge. In the meantime, I'm all ears to suggestions and advise. I'll update everyone when I decide what I end up doing.
Shea, whoooa! How many trailers have you pulled? What will your "test pull" be compared against? Will you have any idea that you are overloaded? Will they let you take the trailer on backroads and interstates with semis beating you up? Are they going to take you to a scale? And more than anything else.....what would it mean? Towing an empty trailer with an empty truck? What does that prove? Nothing.

You are letting the "salesmen" and your desire for a "big" trailer, far more than you should tow with a family, let you drag you into the rabbit hole.

You seem to want to know, to keep you and yours safe; you are about to bite on the biggest fools tale out there....don't, for you and yours IMO. Your numbers DO NOT work for that trailer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote