Thread: New Camper!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #14
Shea

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I’ve been on the phone with the Chevy dealer and the RV dealer all day. Both of them are giving me the green light and I’ve brought up a lot of these concerns. The RV dealer is saying that the hitch/weight distribution/sway bar that I’m getting will take 30% of the weight off of the tuck and distribut it throughout the coach? He said that he has a lighter weight coach that is priced similar that we could check out but we some of the beds. But he’s been “assured” by his techs/service manager that I’ll have no problems with my truck after they looked up all of my specs and that it will be safe to tow. He said the big difference will be the speed in which I can travel. He said those size trailers are rated for 65 mph so my SD trips will take longer since I shouldn’t be doing the 80 mph speed limit. Unless of course I swap out the OEM tires on the coach. My current camper is just a 4500# Jayco Jay Feather 23B hybrid so this is uncharted territory for me. Why do these things have to be so difficult lol!!!
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote