View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #17
Cpap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk170 View Post
Cpap- That's good to hear that you were diligent on getting them to give you the right equipment! I think it can be hard to push the dealer around esp. since everybody wants to be nice and being aggressive normally doesn't get a person where they really want to be at the end of a deal. But there's a way to be firm without being a jerk about it. The DW and I went with the inlays when they picked up their new Alpine last month and I got to see what aggressive and confrontational looked like. In the end we all thought they got the better end of the deal until our first night on the road back from Shreveport outside Dallas at 8 o'clock at night in 30 degree weather as we were setting up and we found there was a leak. I was too tired to trouble shoot so that night and then again north of Midland TX until we got back to El Paso we had no water. Turns out karma decided that the install of the washer and dryer that caused a lot of the hate and discontent towards the Techs at Shreveport would bit us them in the butt and the hard-line approach didn't serve them as well as we all thought since they didn't install the washer correctly and required me to take it all apart and redo the install... I too learned something from that experience... everybody serves as an example, even if it's as a bad one! Glad to hear it worked out, hope you and the fam are happy with the deal!
-Andy
Update on getting the correct hitch. I took the trailer to the scales today and found it has 1300 lbs. of tongue weight as stored without adding clothes, food etc... Good to know my persistence to get the 1400 lb. tongue weight hitch was worth it. By the time I load up to camp I will be close to 1400 lbs. and well over the 1200 lb. hitch the dealership wanted to sell me.
Life is good!
Cpap is offline   Reply With Quote