View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 07:51 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles65 View Post
Yeah, you don't know me, but I never, I repeat never, travel with my propane tanks open.

I respect that and that is your option....you sure limit your and your family's ability to travel and see the country by trying to adhere to, IMO, a guideline that makes no sense...to me. Think about this;

You leave the valves open and "something" happens due to the "valves open". Realize the only thing that will happen in that circumstance is a gas line rupturing and draining the tanks....unless you run with some sort of ignition source running in the trailer while traveling...I never have. Other than that possibly the stove wasn't turned off....after that....??

On the other hand, the big danger with LP tanks, are....LP tanks, the compressed gas in them and what could happen in an accident. I've never seen damage caused at anytime, anywhere by propane tanks left open. I have seen an explosion involving LP tanks...not open, just hit and ruptured. I'm not worried about an LP tank left open on any device I use as long as common sense is used.