View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
syoun10

Electrical Problem - Help Requested! 2005 Everest

I have a new (to me) 2005 Keystone Everest.

I got an electrical problem today that I don't understand and would welcome any help and advice you can offer.

I was plugged it to 50 amp service today, with 2 ACs on, microwave & kettle (fairly heavy load, but nothing unusual) when suddenly all AC appliances went off. I still had 220 volts at the shore line, so it must be something at the RV. No circuit breakers were blown. So I used an adapter and plugged into the 30 amp socket to try it out. Then I got partial power - some appliances work (eg, ACs, microwave, some outlets) others don't (eg refrigerator, remaining outlets). I'm not sure if the battery is charging, so am being sparing on 12 volt power like lights, fans etc.

My guess is that perhaps the converter is blown, but as I thought about it I realized I didn't fully understand how the converter works. Is it the converter that decides whether to apportion the appliances between the two different phases of 220 volts when on 50 amp (220 V) service? Then run them all off the same (single) phase when on 30 amps (110 V)? There must be some logic that does this, and I can only assume it's in the converter - but please tell me if I'm wrong. If you believe my problem is the converter, where am I likely to find it? I realize there are lot of different floor plans (mine is a rear kitchen) but Keystone probably has a favorite place for things like this?

Any help you can offer would be really welcome.

Thanks
syoun10 is offline   Reply With Quote