View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 03:38 PM   #17
Alpine Custom Upgrade

Tire Wear VS PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Ok, it’s time for new tires for my Alpine. I’ve been running Hartland LRG tires for the past 7 years and intend to put them back on this time. I know the LRGs are way overkill rated at 4080 each and I only have 11,000 lbs on the tires. One thing that bothers me is the tires are showing a little more wear in the center obviously due to inflation vs weight. When looking up the tires, there is a newer version available with even more load capacity of 4410 each. They’re the same price. Although I like the idea of the extra 1300 lbs of carrying capacity, the thought that the current tires are wearing in the center makes me believe these would be even worse. Just curious what thoughts are from others, which tire would you buy?

Don’t bother trying to say Goodyear, Carlyle, Sailun or any other brand. I’ve owned other tires in the past including some of those brands and I’m very happy with the Harland, no need to change brands.
I installed a TST tpms system on my LRG tires on my Alpine. The tires are rated for 110 psi but I deflated them to 100 psi to see what the tire temperature will be. If they wear too much in the center, I will deflate them to a lesser pressure to see how they wear then as long as the tire temperature is not too high. I am now a firm believer in tpms.
2012 Freightliner M2 112 2L Conversions
450HP Detroit DD13 1,650 torque,
Allison 4000 automatic, 4.30 gear
Alpine Custom Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote