View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 02:03 PM   #16
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
That’s a Discount Tire house brand isn’t it? Think I would visit a couple stores and get their sales pitch.
Tough decision. I did the same thing a few months back. Had a great deal on CarlisleLR E to replace the LR C on my GoDevil trailer. It doesn’t have 5 miles on it since so who knows.
With center wear have you thought of running a few pounds less pressure?
Kyle Larson barely made the show last night. Started 21 and finished 5th I think. So he does make the feature Saturday night. Unbelievable driving.
It is a Discount Tire house brand. I’ve dropped air pressure down to 95 psi cold on the current tires instead of the 110. Started that about 4 years ago I guess. That reduced the center wear.

After reading the differences between the two tires and the fact that they’re both max psi of 110, I’m starting to think going with the heavier rated tire that is supposed to be constructed in a way that promotes even wear and dropping them to 95 psi like I’ve been doing may be the way to go. That’s still 4000 lb load carrying capacity on that tire, which is more than enough for my 5er.

Wow, that’s still a pretty good run to start 21st and move up that far.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote