Thread: Truck thefts
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 05:16 PM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Brian where we live we would be arrested if we attempted to stop someone from taking your truck.

I recall working in Balto. City back in the 1980's one night doing electrical work on a huge 4 color printing press. I was told that theives had been stealing batteries out of the cars. I went outside to get domething and sure enough there's someone under my hood! Long story short but when the cops arrived the scumbag was yelling at the cop yo arrest me because I broke both of his arms. The officer said "no he didn't, you did that when you ran away from me and fell down." That was then. Nowdays I'd be arrested and have to pay his medical bills.
..yes I guess your both right…I remember watching a video when I had my Escalade …they were known to be easy to brake the locking steering wheel…the guy got out of his caddy and was walking towards the store and when he was about 50 feet away they were already stealing his vehicle..they broke in and disabled the locking steering wheel and used another vehicle to push it around the block so they could get it running I guess…not much you can do if someone wants something bad enough…I personally wouldn’t want something back after it’s been on a Joyride and thrashed..
But like I said you can’t just go buy another one because none are available