View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 08:49 PM   #14
Harried Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
2016 Laramie 2500 CTD 68rfe Stock

Remember the 68rfe is a teachable/learning transmission and will change shift points after time depending on load and driving conditions. I have never had issues with mine and the longer I own and drive it the smoother it gets. I have read about lock-up and flair issues, but mostly from higher HP tunes.

My question to RedRocket, does the RPM/Shift point very with accelerator position? If you are under light acceleration or back off the accelerator then a shift and drop to 1100rpm's would be acceptable. On the on ramp accelerating to 70MPH under moderate to heavy acceleration this drop might be of concern.

4th gear is 1:1 and 5th and 6th are overdrive gears, Personally when pulling more than 5K I will lock out 6th.

Now at 69K and I am thinking about a fluid and filter change.
Frank, I'm driving an 08 Dodge Ram QC 4x4 SRW with the 6.7 L Cummins. My odometer is right about 72,000 so changing the fluids and filter is about right for you. I have the old, pre-DEF, system so I also had to have a cleaning on the EGR/Turbo system to clean all the oil gunk which was designed to go into the Turbo. It's been bypassed into a separate filter, so not as much of an issue for me, but you might want to ensure the CCV filter is also changed, if its full of oil.

I'll be looking at a new 3500 in the near future since I'm at or over my GVWR hauling my Lance 915 truck camper.
Harried Harry is offline   Reply With Quote