View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

As I noted, the 5.0 has its proponents at a car dealership. I am guessing that the Eco crowd is a lot higher percentage on an RV forum. In fact, can't recall anyone towing with the 5.0. As I said, I had the 3.3L V6 and it had nice pickup due to good horsepower but if I towed a motorcycle trailer with a 500 lb bike on, mileage and performance tanked... no torque I guess. Horsepower seemed above average for a motor that size. I liked the truck because it rode car-like and was my first automatic transmission. It was a 2013 I bought new from Northwest Ford in San Antonio for $17,998. Had A/C PS PB and the automatic transmission and was an XL plastic seat/floor model. Was a great truck.

Prior, had three F150s dating from the 80s which all had the 300CID 6 which were gutless gas hogs that ran forever. First couple had the one barrels and the last had FI if memory serves... the latter was also a gutless gas hog; all base models and bought used. Also had a Ranger (1993) and it was too small cab for an adult. Paid cash and ended up selling it my youngest daughter who put a quarter million miles on it and ended up selling it for more than she paid me.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote