View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
larry337

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder34 View Post
That's a good point
Playing with the Ford and Chevy websites it seems they may be closer in weight than I thought. Its hard to tell and of course the actual weight changes with options. I know my F250 Crew Cab diesel short bed weighed about 7800 lbs in XLT trim with 4 wheel drive. My current Crew Cab Dually Lariat 4x4 loaded with leather and sunroof is about 8650 lbs. Perhaps someone with a similar equipped Chevy could quote thier actual weight? It does say that a crew cab dually f350 is 5 inches longer overall then a crew cab dually Chevrolet. Either way I'm fairly confident these new aluminum Superduties will be quite capable. I'm not really concerned about it. I'm more interested in how the aluminum holds up. The F150 has been out now over a year and it'll be some time before I'm ready to replace so I'll be watching them closely. I do think its long overdue that we build cars and trucks with something other then steel. It's only been a 100+ years now. Some class 8 semi tractors have incorporated both fiberglass and/or aluminum in their cabs/hoods/sleepers for years. It seems people always reject change at first until they see how it works.

2017 Ford F350
2015 Cougar 337FLS
larry337 is offline   Reply With Quote