View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:48 AM   #8
{tpc}

We have the RV package for dish where it is pay as you go. The channels come in fine, and I don't recall ever having to call to get the local stuff, but I believe we just get the local stuff from home, which is usually what we want anyways.

However, I seriously dislike how the dish system works. I haven't had directtv in years, but even years ago it was better than dish imo. The way the remote works, the way you search for channels, etc, makes me want to smash the remote. My folks have it at home, and it isn't any different there. Essentially it is like they use 80's tech and if it ain't broke don't fix it. Another annoyance is the shear number of infomercial channels, there seems to be quite a lot of them.

The other pain is the pay as you go service. Now as a fulltime, you probably won't be doing this. But for us, this was a main selling point. Problem is, it doesn't "shut off" at the end of your month..it continues on, and so does the billing. The feature is you only pay for what you use, but in 1 month increments. So you start jan 1, should go till end of month. You activate it, pay for that month. Say you use it for the 1st week and thats it. Well feb 1 you get another bill, for feb. March 1 you get a bill for march and a late notice for feb. Then if your lucky, april 1 you will get a notice reversing march and feb and the late fee.

That is a real pain in the rear. So I seriously question their billing system and practices as well. But you do get HD channels so that is cool .