View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #4
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_h View Post
I have the 2012 Bullet Premier 19, it's weight is 4200 pounds dry, the trailer probably has 700 pounds supplies in any given time when traveling on trips, & my tires are ST205/75R 14C.

So far we have towed it approximately 4500 miles on the original tires with no issues. I check my tires before each trip and make sure they are inflated to the recommended pressure per the manufacture. I've read some of the threads here on tire blowouts and problems. So far in my inspections I see nothing to indicate any visible tire problems

If to avoid any unforeseen future problems what tires would you recommend for replacements

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
To feel more comfortable with your replacement tires you could step-up to the ST215/75R14C without having to worry about changing rims but still pick-up another 100# of load capacity per tire.

Nothing is foolproof with trailer tires. Added load capacity is always desirable with replacements especially with some that are good fitments. The optional size above is probably less than 3/8" taller than the OE tires. Air them to 50 psi and continue your current tire maintenance program.

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote