View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #1
C130

Tonneau Covers With 5th Wheel Towing

Any highly recommended tonneau covers for 5th wheel pulling in Ford long beds? I did a search and read several threads but wondering if anything new is out and specifically need information from 5th wheel experiences. I had the Bakflip on my F250 and really liked it except it took up over 6 inches of space behind the cab which limited the turn radius. Also completely blocks the back window when folded up. I had a slider hitch but would get very close to the Bakflip if I turned sharply.

I'm leaning towards a retractable cover this time to avoid any turning issues and also being able to see out the back window but really nothing to see anyways towing a 5th wheel so not a deal breaker either way. I've seen a couple of the retractable that look good but they are over $1500 which is on the steep side for a bed cover I think. I also prefer to not have to drill into my bed.

Another question regarding towing, is turning and cab/5th wheel clearance even much of an issue with the long bed? Would the Bakflip folded up be an issue at all like the short bed?