View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you are asking about the Reese 30156 adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/Reese-30156-Ra...+wheel+adapter

Yes, it will work with any conventional "rail type" fifth wheel hitch. It will also work with sliding hitches, although it does raise the "hitch connect points about 1.5" higher than the bed, so there may be an issue with the slide hitches "rocking" a bit at the end of their travel.

My 2013 F250 has the fifth wheel hitch package. When I install the Reese adapter, it sits about 3/8" above the truck bed. While that's a "pretty close" fit, it may be possible that it would ride above the "drop in bed liner". However, I agree with the others, cutting hole in that "expensive" liner defeats the purpose of having the liner and it will continue to vibrate on the bed, possibly causing scratching and eventual corrosion under the plastic liner. I'd agree, take it out, sell it for what you can get and use that "profit" as a down payment on a spray in bedliner. If you're a "brave do-it-yourselfer", you can get a "spray/rollon bed liner kit from almost any parts store. With proper prep, careful application and not "too many" adult beverages, you can get the same results as a commercially applied liner. Of course, if you're not "that brave" it may be better to have a professional work on your $60K truck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote