View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Again welcome to the forum. As far as 2nd A/C unit on the bedroom, you will need to check for any factory "pre wiring". If there is any you should see a junction box in the ceiling near the vent or a stick on label telling you it's in the ceiling by the vent.

I can't say that 30amp service WON'T run two A/C units, but I wouldn't do it. You may be able to run a second set of wires to an outside junction box and plug it into a separate shore power source. Its. Not that hard to run romex in the rafter and locate a space to bring it down to a compartment. Then a simple receptacle rated for the unit and an extension cord of equal rating and you should be good.

As for the satellite, each TV will require its own dedicated receiver to watch separate channels so you have a couple of options. First, just add a coax splitter at some point past the "Sat in" and route it to the second location. This way both receivers can use the one dish, only draw back is both might have to use the same satellite and watch the same set of channels. Other option is to just add another "sat in" connection in the bay and again run coax to the second location. I have done both ways for customers.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote