View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 04:23 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

My threshold "rocks" when I step on it. I also try not to use it as a step. My thought is that it's the only thing securing the bottom of a "too weak and flimsy" door and I don't want to break the welds in the corners of the door frame. It's not a big deal if I do break one, just a hassle taking the entire door out, welding the threshold back in place and reinstalling/resealing the door. To me, better to just avoid stepping on it LOL

As for the "weak floor" Mine is 1/4" luan-1.5" Styrofoam-1/8" luan laminated sandwich. I don't have any soft spots that I'm aware of, but I do have some areas where the entire floor "sinks" if you step on it "just right"... At least mine has a conventional frame under it (2 I beams with steel crossmembers) The Bullet is built with a Norco "uni-body" preformed and interlocking frame. It's substantially different from the "tried and true" frames that have been used for 60+ years in RV's. Like the "sandwich floor" I wonder what issues we'll find after that type frame has been in use for 10 years ????

It's the "nature of the beast" with ultra-light construction and not a darn thing any of us can do about it except "rebuild it with 5/8" marine plywood when it finally fails... That said, rebuilding it that way will only move the "next weakest link" to the next area to fail.... So...... make the most of what you've got, enjoy the memories you're making and let the trailer "do its thing" for as long as it'll keep you warm and dry.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote