View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 10:26 AM   #4
Mikendebbie

The paper “laminate” is peeling off at the door edges.
I use contact cement (old school little brown bottle with a brush). Brush some cement on both surfaces - the door and the exposed side of the paper - wait 30 minutes or so…then press the paper back on to the door. Our bedroom door peels worse than any other, but I generally try to keep an eye on all of the doors and the trim for signs of paper peel, and try to keep it fixed before DW notices.

For your warranty question…I suppose you could pursue a warranty claim. My guess is that the dealer would order a new door for you. In today’s market and supply chain issues I am not sure how long it would take to get the door. It feels like less than a 1 hour labor job to swap the old for the new (assuming the correct replacement door showed up). Hopefully the dealer could schedule your job for a quick in and quick out. Chances are pretty good that your new door might start peeling in a year or two. Unless you store your unit in an air conditioned barn, the temperature swings from hot summers to cold winters are tough on paper laminate. For future reference there are places such as Trekwood.com that you can order replacement items like the door, but their freight charges are almost as much as the door itself.

My unit is well out of warranty, but I fixed several small items myself that first year rather than taking it to the dealer for warranty. I did not have any big warranty items. The best plan for the long term is to read this forum and the experts here will show you how to fix nearly anything that comes up.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote