View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 05:33 PM   #11
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
George I don't know that more difficult is the correct term but I can testify that going from 32 gallons to 49 gallons is different.
The two of us would just about fill the 32 gallon tank in 7 or 8 nights and when hitting the dump station there was a full hose and rapid flow from the tank. With the 49 gallon tank the flow is slower and the hose is not full. Then think about the ratio from say a three night stay versus an 8 night stay.

In my case we rarely stay in a park without full hookups and so I generally just use the flush system and wash the tank, so no problem. But when we stay in parks without sewer we have to remember to take the time to just run a lot of water into the tank before unhooked and heading to the dump station

Thanks for the explanation. What John said didn't make sense; not saying it isn't correct. All my RV experience is with black tanks in the 30G range and when I dump, I dump all three (black, gray & galley gray) at the same time and never intended to "take out of context". Just wanted some clarification.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote