View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 01:31 PM   #20
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neliv21 View Post
The anode is in the water heater. I made Sure to turn on both the electric and gas with water in the water heater. I open The faucets and cold water comes out. Do i just Let the faucets run until the water temp changes?
If the trailer was winterized like I do mine; that is, by putting an air chuck on the city water hose inlet and then blow the lines out. I first make sure my water heater bypass behind the water heater is turned so that water goes in. I hook up city water and fill the hot water tank and let it run till I can open the relief valve on the outside and water comes out. I then go inside and turn on my propane hot water heater switch. A red light will come on and you can hear the pilot light light in my camper and the red light goes out. Then I open the hot water tap in the kitchen sink which is closest to the hot water heater and NOTHING WILL come out till the air gets displaced... then a dribble, then a flow. I move toward the front of the camper to my bathroom sink and repeat and then the tub and repeat. It takes quite awhile for all the air to purge. Eventually get hot water. At this point I may or may not turn on the electric heating element; do in the winter but sometimes not in the warmer months. Matter of personal choice.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote