View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 09:40 PM   #7
wanderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
When you say "the water pump loses pressure after five seconds," what does that mean? Does the pump start up every five seconds when nobody is using water? Does the water pressure drop to zero but the pump never starts up?

Also puzzling is the phrase, "when we fill the hot water tank." Typically, you have to fill a hot water tank only after you pull the anode or drain plug to empty it, and then only once after you put the plug back in. How often are you doing this? Why are you filling the heater while you are out camping?

You say "on city water the pressure remains constant." Unless you find your rig sitting in a puddle in the morning, that rules out leaks, the heater safety valve, most of the interior plumbing, and clogged fixtures or aerators.

Unless I hear unexpected answers to the above questions, I'm with the guys who think you have macro sized floating debris in the fresh tank that periodically wanders over and blocks the pipe. Symptom would be the water pump laboring continuously but no water pressure at the fixtures. If this is the case, I can't think of an easy fix to it, but if the TT wasn't used, that would be up to your dealer to worry about under warranty.
I drained the water tank on a whim to see if it was causing air leaks. When I did that, the water pressure was OK for a while. I though that fixed it but when I heated the water, the low pressure reappeared. The other odd thing was hot water flowed through the cold valve sometimes.

As for the pump, I was unclear. The pump runs while we open the tap. It is the water flow that decreases.
wanderbird is offline   Reply With Quote