View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 11:13 AM   #16
rodgebone

fatcatzzz:
Quote:
for dirt, we brush off the steps before we close. We also keep a small rug inside to catch any dirt we missed. Just shake the rug and all is good.
Some may say that opening the steps takes more room, but we have traveled the country and not had a problem.
ive had the same experience. my TT came with the MORryde solid steps. ive never not had enough room to deploy and out of hundreds of deployments only once have i not been able to extend the legs long enough to reach the ground but was a quick fix with some leveling pads. took me a while to remember to fully open the door when deploying and retracting and therefore i do have a few scratches as a result but no real damage. i use carpet on the steps to cut down on dirt coming into the TT. my dog navigates the steps okay but like with most dogs having an open space on the backside between steps screws up their depth perception but it didnt take him long to get accustomed. guess my only complaint is the need to fine tune the adjustable legs so the bottom of the door will fully clear the hinge plate but it only takes seconds to get it right. all in all im happy with these steps