View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #26
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
<clip>

There's a Yahoo Groups site called "walmartrving". On that site, there's a downloadable PFD listing of all WalMart's that allow overnighting and a partial listing of those that do not allow overnighting. There's also a fairly complete listing of the rules and expectations as well as a "group compiled set of rules on WalMart overnight self imposed guidelines"....
...[/B]
FYI, in case you didn't know, the Yahoo group is going away. On October 20 the following message was sent out from the WalMarRV Yahoo group:

Quote:
Working together with Scott Wilkes, we have come to the following conclusions and decisions:

The coming changes imposed by Yahoo will render Yahoo Groups incompatible with the use and objectives of the WalmartRVing group.

In the last few years there has been continuous improvement in the accessibility, usefulness and accuracy of other sources of overnight RV parking data. A good example is AllStays. It is accessible by browser or apps (iOS and Android).

In the coming weeks, we will produce one final revision to the Walmart Parking List (PDF and XML formats). It will be posted here if possible, but also posted on the companion site:
http://halberstadt.webmate.me/Walmart
That site will remain available for at least 6 months.

Neither Scott nor I desire to move WalmartRVing to another platform, considering the balance of effort and value.

This Yahoo group will be closed shortly after Yahoo removes its files.

I will contact the producers of AllStays to see if any information I have can be used to improve their application. However, I will not transfer the list of members to anyone.

This group was founded by Craig Maynard in late 2005. It currently has the amazing number of 9996 members (many inactive, to be sure). Over the years it has served the RVing public well, with benefit to those who wish to use Walmart (and other) lots, and to Walmart itself, to avoid conflict between RVers and Walmart policies. The contributions and discussions by group members have been instrumental in keeping the resources accurate and usable.

Scott and I thank all of you, and wish you safe travels.

Bill Halberstadt
Co-owner, WalmartRVing

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote