Thread: Tongue Weight
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 08:30 PM   #72
travelin texans

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBorn View Post
Most uneducated individuals go out buy a trailer take it home and find out its too heavy (but the dealer told me I can pull 10,000lbs) for their truck and then go out and buy a new truck.

If you look on this site at what many members own, seems if you own anything less than a 2500/3500 you shouldn't own a travel trailer greater than 18 feet.
That's the biggest issue with anyone, especially newbies, nowadays. The truck & RV dealers spouting truck towing weights & RV dry weights both of which mean absolutely nothing in the real rv world but sound great to make their sales quota.
No you don't need a 2500-3500 tow vehicle unless the actual weights, not the fantasy weights from websites, warrant that much truck.
I didn't mean to belittle or intentionally try to make the OP unwelcome, but when someone post a tow vehicle that's glaringly obvious attempting to tow a RV that's too much for that tow vehicle I intend to point that out in an effort to keep them & everyone else on the highway safe. Call me weight police or a tow Karen, but I will continue to point this out every time I see it happening.
To be quite honest I'm not on any of the FB RV discussions but have read a few & quite honestly there's a boat load of knuckleheads giving very misleading advice to those seeking answers. This forum is a great source for good honest advice from folks with years of rv experience even a couple rv technicians that work on them daily, not a bunch of guys that have been rving 15 minutes & suddenly know everything from FB.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote