Thread: Tongue Weight
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #68
quaddriver
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I’m thinking that the op zeroed in on the one person who said it will be ok if they rearrange things…don’t understand the motivation behind someone encouraging others to “live on the edge” …if an individual wants to do it then fine but how in the world do you know the driving skill of someone you never met before? Maybe you will be ok in a sketchy situation but someone else may have an accident…and the Tacoma IS a lightweight mid sized truck…the only people in the world who believe otherwise have never owned a actual heavy duty truck.

Some people in the world by the absolute minimal for everything…never understood that philosophy.

There is a saying “get the right tool for the job”

I have sat by watching the passive aggressive 8th grade bs stuff long enough. Now you, the royal you, the tow karens, get your well earned dressing. It wont be pleasant.

Lets go to the map, is ANYONE here, at all, trained, certified and or licensed in any way to install, modify, paper, inspect and certify trucks and/or trailers, BESIDES me?

NO. then why are you speaking?

"well I got a big truck and a big trailer and I drive up hills at 80mph therefore I have experience so if you will excuse me I will now go walk around the campground and tell people their truck is too small"

No, you are the next 1/2 mile long wreck with injuries that my brother gets to clean up off the PCH or other officers like him around this country. You dont even know that you dont even know. Its not an indictment per se, there is no requirement for anything. But when I read hundreds of posts in many dozens of threads from people with no subject education, no tools, no practical experience, no certifications, no plaques, no professional licenses, yet telling how wrong other people are whose only mistake was bargaining in good faith. It sorta irks me as it is a giant black crap stain on those of us who actually have taken the time money and commitment to be a part of this industry/endeavour/hobby/whatever.

Funny thing is, there are exactly 4 groups on FB dealing with keystone trailers my wife joined. many of you are members of at least one. Yet you dont pull this crap there. why is that? oh that is right, you have no power over other users there.

That is the crux of the problem and why people are being driven away. I spent a little time reading backwards and found that newcomers ask a towing or tech question, once before the tow karens pounce. they never come back. no one picked up on that? set your goals high I always say.

I have been a member of IVR2 and its sub sites for at least a decade before anyone here and I have *NEVER* seen such behaviour. Is it just the keystone brand that drives this? dunno. dont care. Your treatment of the latest new member was the last straw.

Shoulda trusted my instinct when I saw it the first time, but once again, I bargained in good faith. I will not make the same mistake twice. Im out. It was never actually offered but the candy store is closed.

And for the record, I did not seek the OP out. not everyone is as dumb as you play them to be. people tend to flesh out nonsense on their own. Its true in any endeavour, when someone understands the subject material, its obvious. You should take a long time to adopt a little humility and think on that for a while. you wont. but you should.

ps Jasin? the little green pill is easy to get, might help the obsession.
quaddriver is offline   Reply With Quote