View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 02:55 PM   #9
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualCamper View Post
Hey folks!

RV- 2020 Keystone Bullet 290bhs
Pulled by 2018 Chevy Suburban
Enjoyed by my wife and I and our 3 young sons (4,2,and 3 weeks)

Love this trailer, but I'm astonished by a few little things I've run into that should have been caught at the factory by quality control.

1. My trailer was pre-wired for a furion backup camera. When I finally got around to buying the camera and hooked it up, there was no power. I pulled off the pre-installed mount, only to find the negative wire wasnt even connected! They had tapped into the top middle running light (as expected) so I connected the negative to the negative and...still no power. Turns out after troubleshooting, the wires were mismarked, and what should have the negative wires (white with striping/text) were in fact the positive wires, and the negative wires ended up being the split white wires.
This was just so frustrating to see such a basic installation blown by the factory.

2. The anti-siphon valve...I think you know where I'm going with this....was installed backwards. Another basic bonehead mistake made at the factory and not caught by quality control.

3. Screws over torqued on the hinges for the cupboards so much so that the screws pull right out.

4. Bedroom door fell off the first time we hauled it. Reason...over torqued screws holding the door up to the track.

Other than this...we love out trailer, and with the aluminum frame, it's a breeze to haul, even with our heavy gasser.

Looking forward to learning from and contributing to this forum!

Steve
Steve - Hope you have this out of your system. A camper, even brand new, is a maintenance project from day one. Keystone would probably have a lot of takers if they sent a big box to your door with all the parts and let you put them together because the workmanship would likely be better even if you never messed with a camper. You will find MANY more items that were not done very well but once you get everything sorted you will only have routine maintenance items to contend with for the most part. The materials themselves are about par for the RV industry and not really that bad.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote