View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Jim Dow

Rewiring your Coach for Satellite

I suggest that you take no re-wiring suggestions from anyone - including myself. The configurations for different trailers are different.

Do it yourself with your own unit - following the directions in the TV4RV.com paper entitled "Rewiring your Coach for Satellite TV" which can be found on this forum by using the search function. That's what I did; and it was successful on the first try.

However, make certain that you know where ALL your coax cables are running, both To-and-From. This means that you have to trace them and label them. I used a Klein Coax Tracer from Lowes - quite inexpensive but effective.

As described in the referenced paper above, the solution lies in a) replacing the original splitter with one suited for satellite (higher) frequencies and b) rewiring the coax "around" the antenna amplifier. The antenna amplifier cuts the satellite signal out. The antenna amplifier should be OFF when using the satellite signal.

When you have re-wired around the antenna amplifier and replaced the splitter, you will have good satellite reception throughout the trailer; and you will still be able to use the antenna (with amplifier ON) should you need to do that.

Be patient; and you will be successful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Klein Coax Tracer.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	3951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Labeled Coax.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	3952   Click image for larger version

Name:	It Worked.jpg