View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
MarkS

Here is the diagram I made of my trailer's tv cables. My trailer is a 2014 Cougar 318SAB 5th Wheel. Any resemblance to your trailer is purely coincidental.

On my trailer the docking station, aka convenience center, is located in the basement, drivers side. It has two cable connectors. One came from the factory marked Satellite Prep. The other was unmarked. There is also a tv cable connector on the passenger side of the basement.

The splitter shown on my diagram is located in the ceiling behind the Winegard plate.

The entertainment center is in the living room behind the main TV. There is a plate with two cable connectors, unlabeled. The top connector goes to the Winegard plate in the bedroom and supplies antenna and Cable. I have this connector connected to the 'TV In' on my TV. The bottom goes directly to the satellite prep connector in the basement. I have this connector connected to the Satellite receiver. The receiver connects to the TV with a HDMI cable. I can switch between the two with the input button on the TV remote.

I don't have a TV in the bedroom, but I could connect it to Cable at the Winegard plate. Satellite would be tougher.

Hope this helps. When you figure out what the cable connectors are, it is a good idea to add your own labels. It will save you some 'banging your head against the wall moments' in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TrailerCable.jpg
Views:	2704
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	3601  

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote