Thread: Propane tanks
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 04:12 PM   #48
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangfire View Post
Some good info here. I’m a first time Travel Trailer owner and will be setting up permeant for dry camping this coming spring. I just bought two 30 lbs tanks.

If your only using the propane for the fridge and only have one tank open then you may not realize it’s empty until all your food is warm?

If I have both tanks open I can just watch for the indicator to turn red then I’ll know the one tank is empty? So it would then be running off the second tank and I can take the first tank home to fill. This sounds like the perfect way to do it.
If you leave both tanks open, you won't see the indicator turn red. That is, not until both tanks are empty. That is the point of keeping it in One Direction or the other. By the way, when it is on the right tank, and the right tank goes empty, the so-called automatic switch over will actually give you less gas at the burner. You may notice the difference, you may not. That's why people leave one bottle closed, so they can switch over and take The Empty Bottle Into town.
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote