View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 05:49 AM   #11
German Shepherd Guy

Interesting. Kudos to Keystone designers for trying to satisfy what is a very small demand segment. As John noted they have already stopped production so must figure the units made are adequate to fill that demand.
There are some dog show people who have limited number of dogs and show just for the camaraderie and the fun of dog showing. And I could see if you had one to three small dogs that this could be, sometimes, useful. Many dog shows however are dry camping, so water for bathing dogs is usually away from the campers.

The space would definitely not work for dog grooming on some commercial scale as it is just too small. A German Shepherd in there would fill it with hair and fur in about a minute after the the shower was done.
When we were seriously on the road showing our GSDs we at times had up to 17. A space in the house, dedicated to grooming, health care, whelping, was a must. Easy to clean, was a must. Built in vacuums and blowers was a must. I know many people who have such rooms. No different than horse people who have stables nicer than most folks houses. But as dogs are by their nature loud, a space inside the house is also a must, just out of consideration for your neighbors. Our nearest neighbor is a half mile away and we would still do it this way so that they would not be subjected to the noise of German Shepherds in packs.
I have a bumper sticker that says "Good Neighbor Policy: Obedience Train Your Dog!" Good grooming is a part of good obedience training. So that is why at least some people, Eddie and Max, have indoor pet areas.

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote