Thread: Larger Tires
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 07:14 AM   #5
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
My recommendation would be to measure twice and cry once. If you measure from the ground to the bed of the new truck and compare that to the same measurement on the old truck it will tell you how much higher the nose on your Cougar will be. Remember 2 or 3 inches at the pin will make a big difference 30' back at the bumper. (I'm sure there's math for that but I don't know the formula)
I personally think the Cougar sits a little close to the ground as it is and I'd like more clearance.
My Ram has FWD and that makes it sit a bit taller, but I've lowered the Anderson ball and raised the Cougar pin box and I'm still nose high. Have not drug the Cougar bumper yet but I'm pretty aware and careful of how I enter and exit driveways and access ways. Would like to have the Cougar raised but the cost is $1250 at a local fabrication shop so the DW has put a halt to that idea.
Couldn't help myself from responding to this one. Your DW obviously is not aware of how much "Canon" camera gear costs these days! I always enjoy your photos you add along with your posts! Keep up the good work!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote