Thread: Drw car wash
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Just became an issue when the young kids in the detail shop changed. When I bought the Dually the salesman said any time I wanted the truck washed to bring it to the detail shop. Which I did say every couple weeks for over three years, the kids, who got to know me, when they knew I was there one of them would drive it through the car wash. it would get air dried on the way home. Never an issue,so never thought of looking at the type of car wash machine. So around mid 2016 I take it up to the detail shop, all new people that I could see. New supervisor begins telling me it will not fit through there, same machine, he then calls manager (new again). same from him will not fit. As I was trying to explain that I have been doing this for 3+ years, here comes one of the original kids. As we are talking he takes my keys as usual and drives it through the car wash as we were standing there. I had enough and decided to just go home thinking this is now solved for the future.

Next time here we go again the last original kid is now gone, but others remember me. They explain that the owner now has stated no more duallys in the car wash ??? apparently one of the new kids drove a regular car thorough the wash and damaged the car . I guess the Management thinking was if they can not drive a car though there, they are not taking a dually through there. You know, I had to agree I would not want them taking mine though there. So they washed it my hand and I left.

Last time there for State inspection, truck was clean so I did not go back to the detail shop, Talking to salesman while waiting, apparently the word was out from the owner "No Duallys in Car Wash" We will see what happens next time

So yes duallys fit in certain car wash, but someone needs to know how to drive it I guess though
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote