View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
How are the Nitto Terra Grapplers about road noise?
First, you do need to move away from the P rated tires IMO.

As far as noise, I've owned Terra Grapplers, Toyo ??, Goodyear, BFG, Michelin, Pro Comp, Dick Cepek, Bridgestone etc. (and now Firestone on the new truck). The one thing that I've found true about any AT tire that has a more aggressive tread is that it will get noisy after 10k miles or so. How noisy depends on the tread pattern and the tire compound. Some (Pro Comp M/T) get so loud you can't think (and there are others that get much louder). Others get to the point you can't have a normal conversation running at highway speeds. I don't like a lot of road noise when I'm traveling for pleasure.

I live in the SW so I use aggressive tires on my off road play trucks. I use a normal AT tread on my SUV/Pickup (rarely have to deal with snow OR rain). I like the Michelin LTX AT2 but I don't know if it comes in an LT in your size. I think you get the least aggressive tread that you can get by with depending on where you live and how you use your truck - it should make for a quieter trip and usually the less aggressive treads last longer. JM2cents
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote