View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #18
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post

Festus2.
Sorry but I have no idea what you are looking at?? two DC outputs , two 115 VAC circuits ?
OK (know you want to hear from someone else, But)

Converter converts AC to DC

Hope you get your answer from the one you are asking to respond

Just my 2 cents
Yes, I am well aware that the converter "converts" AC to DC. In the manual, it makes reference to two output DC circuits - circuits 1-9 and circuits 10-11. I know the function of each of those two circuits. That is what I was referring to when I spoke about 2 DC circuits.

If I understand the manual correctly, there are also two 120V AC branches : one main one rated at 30 A , the other rated at 20A.

I think with the input from you, Bob and John I now have a better understanding of the "inner workings of the converter". I don't fully understand it and I really don't feel any burning desire to. At this moment, I am suffering from "information overload".

Poking around electrical panels armed with a "little bit of understanding" is, in my opinion, a dangerous thing to do. I don't pretend to have enough knowledge or experience to either give advice or do my own diagnostic troubleshooting should the converter require repair or servicing. I'll get someone who knows what they doing and confine my electrical expertise to changing my lights to LED's. I've already done this without harming myself or others.

Again, thanks for your input and I am not looking for anyone to further enlighten me -- I have seen the light - dimly mind you, but it is there somewhere.