View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
Wally15

Bluetooth for Estone EX8500 radio/DVD?

Anyone out there (besides me) have an Estone EX8500 unit in their RV? Most of the forum threads on stereos and Bluetooth I've searched have Jensen units. DW and I love Pandora on our smartphones. I can't figure out a way to get a direct hookup from my Iphone or Ipod to the Estone, and both the owners manual and the Estone website are anything but helpful. So I'm buying a Bluetooth 4.0 unit to hook up either through the aux in port (3.5 mini jack) on the front, or the two RCA audio in jacks in the back. Hope it has enough range to reach the grill and easy chair.
Anyone else had to hook up a Bluetooth receiver to their stereo? If so, any pros and cons I should be aware of? You would think that a 2013 RV would have a stereo with a standard USB port. Not so with the Estone EX8500.
And my Sansui TV has a USB port, but the manual says "FOR SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY. DO NOT insert ANY USB device into this port....or the warranty will be voided."
What's up with THAT? If RV manufacturers made computers and TV's, we'd still be running DOS 1.1 and CRT's.
I know, they didn't make the stereo or TV, and I didn't buy a Carbon or Montana, but you'd think they'd put up-to-date electronics in a mid-range "Select" RV.
That being said, I really like almost everything about my Laredo. Everything works like it should; hope they all will stand the test of time.
2013 Laredo 308RE TT
'06 Ram 2500 CTD AT
S GA

Wally15 is offline   Reply With Quote