View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #19
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I can attest to this. We store our unit at our daughters house. Private drive about 300' long with 2 bends. Must back down as no room to turn around. Rarely do I make it in one shot and I have a camera on the back of the trailer.

Also my BIL's contractor used a product that is ground up asphalt. It was a lot less expensive and the more it's compacted the harder it gets.

The stuff above really works. I found my neighbor behind my house one day with a big trailer of the ground up asphalt he had picked up for nothing from a highway project and spreading it with a little skid steer with a bucket (he owns a sand/gravel/concrete business). I thought he was just trying to get rid of some "junk" so ragged on him a bit but he told me it was good stuff. Well, he covered the alley and as the ground up asphalt was driven over by traffic it set up and became an asphalt alley drive, literally. Now, years later, it's like it was when he spread it with the exception of a strip where the gas company came in and dug it up trying to work on a gas line.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote