Thread: Towing capacity
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 06:29 AM   #9
Glauter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Copper View Post
Just my 2 cents worth since I pulled a 2670 last year with a f150 5.0 355 rear end with the tow package. When I pulled out of the dealer with the trailer empty and a brand new e2 hitch I could not believe how well the truck towed. Ford`s towing guide had 7700 lbs as max tow for that truck and verified by running the vin. When I hit the interstate I learned a few thing quickly. The whole back end was just to soft and I got a lot of push and pulling from semi`s and wind. Really wanted to make the truck work out as it was my late son`s first and last purchase right after college. I up graded the tire to E rated, upgraded the hitch to a e4 and upgraded the shocks to 5100`s. Wow what an improvement. I could now pull the camper well as long as I kept it around 60 mph. I was still concerned about my payload and watched closely how I loaded. Was still kind of tiring on anything over a 3 hour pull. So will it do it ? Yes it can but with the 2670 it was about all I wanted the way the truck handled and felt told me it was about at it`s max. It felt safe and would be ok for short trips. I wanted to make longer trips. I got a chance to buy a bigger truck and after trail and error have reached a goal I was looking for. 6 or 7 hours towing, setting the cruise on 68 locking out 6th gear. After getting their I am much more rested and less tire after a 3 hour pull with the f150. I think the 2400 would be a better match but just my 2 cent worth.
Thank you so much! That is the kind of feed back I am looking for!
Glauter is offline   Reply With Quote