View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 09:21 PM   #16
ChuckS

Wife wanted to get out for a bit and we both needed some fresh air to clear our heads .. gotta love 2020 with Covid...

Anyway stopped by Home Depot and Lowe’s to revisit the 120 volt AC 15 amp outlets.

There are many to chose from.. and some of course with the USB feature built in.. this would be nice but you’d have to remember that all that extra current draw adds up if you were boon docking and running off generator

I did some simple minded test using one of their generic 15 amp standard type male 3 prong plus and compared various outlets .. my method of testing was to see how tightly the plug was held in place and if there was any wiggle or slop in the plug..

This one is a good compromise from the lower cost unit I posted earlier ...the plug really stays gripped when you insert it to the outlet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-...-WMP/100684044

Its commercial grade rated.. as are most all of them in HD.. it’s a bulk pack so cost would be roughly $1.79 an outlet if bought in bulk

Probably a better choice outlet then previous one I posted... all one can do is look at the choices available and decided what “they” want to use. The outlet I initially posted is also rated “commercial grade” for whatever that’s worth and is comparable in plug retention grip and wiggle/slop check

Not very scientific but it’s the best this aged mind could conjure up.

*** the level of expertise within this group on various subjects is second to none.. there IS help available for everyone that needs help, advise, opinions, been there done that experience, etc...

I’ve watched countless times the patience, help, and guidance many have put forth to walk an OP thru a process of troubleshooting an issue and resolving the issue.. to me this is one of the special points of a group like this..

And... when I, wrong I will say I’m wrong..

Russ... my comments weren’t warranted toward your comment and I see the logic behind your thinking.. wishing you and your family many good times, safe travels and a Happy and safe New Year...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote