View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #11
linux3

Our Passport 195RB is pretty close.
I just traded in my Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 and trailer package. Not the Max Trailer the plain trailer package.
I bought another Silverado 1500 with the trailer package because I wanted some extra toys but the truck is fine.
We average around 8k miles a year pulling. I've been over the Cumberland Gap in TN. We've been to Boulder CO and all over everywhere and the truck pulled the trailer easily.

We have NO plans to get a bigger trailer, if lightning were to strike our TT we'd buy another as close to it as we could.
We go to RV shows and talk about how our TT is better than (insert any TT here).

Our style of travel is to wonder around and see what there is to see. This involves driving through towns, parking in visitor lots to get info on local attractions and more than a few times parallel parking on city streets. You just can't do that with a 38' 5'er.

If you step up to a 2500 F250 type the ride will be harsh and fuel MPG will kinda suck.

My truck is my daily driver and TV. For your size trailer and mine a 1500 with a proper gear ratio, mine is 3.42:1 and a good engine will fill both roles and do both well.
BTW, max load is 1750 LBS, that's GVW - truck weight.
Max tow is 9300 LBS, a laughable number to be sure but way under what I'm towing.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote