View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #67
wiredgeorge

We were staying outside of the Big Bend in Terlingua at BJ's RV Park and they closed it on us. The site now has this notice posted:

WE ARE CLOSED DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY UNTIL THE COUNTRY OF BREWSTER TEXAS DECLARATION HAS BEING TERMINATED.

http://bjrvpark.com/

Place was full of full timers. We got booted and met a Canadian fella in Del Rio at Lonesome Dover RV Ranch where we spent the rest of the week watching Dish TV in our RV (my normal vacation activity anyway) and he told me he had to pull out because of a 14 day quarantine and was worried about driving up through Illinois (his route I guess). He was thrown out a a park in Marathon TX also in Brewster County.

I think this unprecedented situation is going to see a lot more silly, knee jerk reactions before it is done as local govts just are not filled with decision makers who have a big picture view. BTW: I think the first HOA was started in Hades. And for Travelin Texan worrying about where to go to potty when stations are closed in a park? Bwhahahaha Trees were invented to hunker down behind.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote