View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #51
sourdough
Site Team

Son called from outside the Dallas area and regular was 1.17.

A few days ago on a trip to our house in NM (sold!!) stopped for fuel in a town along the way (rural area). Prices in the previous town were about .30 cheaper than this town and there was a gasoline refinery sitting next door! (2.62 if I recall). Our mountain town was 2.39.

Here in our little W TX berg fuel has dropped to a historic low of 2.19!! Makes me wonder if we will get back to the days when my dad would stop at this little Cosden station (the pumps had the little glass globe tops) in the middle of nowhere in NM and get gas for .19! Wouldn't that be nice? Fill 'er up and go.....hmmm, where? Everything's closed or you will get thrown in jail..... I would go outside and spread fertilizer but figure someone would blame me for spreading more than that, and, with our wind I would only be fertilizing the yards down the street. Ah hah!! I think I'll grab up a few armloads of weapons and give them a good rub down with the old Brownells Rust Preventive #2 - that should keep me busy for the next couple of weeks...…
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote